Tuesday, 8 November 2022

Week #7 My Philosophy of teaching

My teaching philosophy is to create an environment that encourages guided exploration. I think that learning occurs most effectively in situations that are both relevant and realistic. I believe that students learn to write well when they understand the importance of good writing. Assign brief writing activities in my classrooms on a regular basis. Give direction throughout the writing process. I will help my students by instilling in them the importance of their work and the fact that their writing will be read and accepted. Students should be given the chance to speak in front of the class. Enable my students to grow intellectually and comprehend difficult material. They will learn how to work productively and arrange their thoughts by developing precise definitions. I should not be the only audience for my students as a teacher. Sharing my experiences, my stories, and my process with students has been the key to connecting with them on a very real level about what it takes to be a writer. Having a positive attitude about reading and rewriting my students will be more willing to take on that attitude as well. Writing alongside my students is motivating. Finally, as a teacher, you are responsible for more than simply your students' creativity. It's about who you're becoming as you create. I make it my job to boost my students' confidence, develop their abilities, and encourage them to love the process of reading and writing.


3 comments:

Chelsey Benjamin said...

I enjoy reading your philosophy; as a twenty-first-century teacher, I appreciate the various strategies you would employ to help your students develop a love for writing.
A good education, I believe, can change anyone, and a good teacher can have a significant impact on our students.

Michael said...

This philosophy was captivating. It shows your love for for teaching, as well as the exciting strategies you will employ to encourage learning. Well done!!

Chinoir Ijeh said...

Talia, your Philosophy is a confirmation that you are teacher who care about your students' wellbeing.

WEEK# 9 WRITING APPROACH CONTINUES

 Ms. Quinn gave a task for each group to conduct a mini lesson on the approaches of writing. I was highly amazed at how Amanda was able to g...