Hey, fellow group member, this week was refreshing not only physically but also psychologically since we were able to refresh our knowledge on the six writing traits of planning, drafting, rewriting, editing, and publishing. It further sparked my curiosity when we were taught that writing characteristics are all linked to the writing process. Miss Quinn took her time going over each trait's meaning. We had a brief teaching moment when we discussed words that can be used to begin sentences and ones that cannot be used. That was really instructive for me. As a result, the six traits approach allows me as a teacher and for students to focus on one or two aspects of writing at a time, making learning to write more manageable and successful for students. It is also a method of providing students with precise feedback through the examination of their writing. In class, we saw a few videos on the subject, which I found interesting. I hope you like them as well and remember things essential to do in class. Miss Quinn should continue to share her expertise with other students in order to become a better teacher in future classes, in my opinion. It was a really informative class session.
2 comments:
Ms. Quinn deserves a mental for being such an excellent teacher. She did an excellent job of explaining and demonstrating how these six characteristics can be taught in the classroom. I must admit that I enjoyed this class because I was able to learn and expand my knowledge for when I return to the classroom.
Talia, you are absolutely correct with what you said the class was indeed interesting. I am grateful that Ms.Quinn took her time to teach the six traits of writing because it is a technique that we all can use in the classroom for any subject.
Post a Comment