Friday, 11 November 2022

CHELSEY THE PHILOSOPHY OF TEACHING WRITING WEEK SEVEN

 

My philosophy of education is that all children are unique and require a stimulating educational environment in which they can grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. I believe that teaching is a lifetime commitment and it’s my desire to foster an environment in which students can reach their full potential. I will, as a teacher, create a setting that encourages, and involves children in an authentic, original, and free-flowing expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in order to facilitate their love for reading and, particularly, their learning of writing. I'll design activities to encourage and pique their interest in writing. For example playing a game with pictures, think, share, pass and write about it. These activities will help them to analyze information which will enable them to critically think and write. It is my responsibility as a teacher to foster and develop a love of writing among my students. In the classroom, I could create a learning environment that includes things like a class library with a diverse selection of books, listening stations with headphones that can play audios, posters with various writing-process algorithms, and   writing centers with supplies like paper, pencils, and crayons. My goal as a teacher is to make learning come alive for all of my students and to encourage their personal development. To accomplish this, I will use a variety of teaching methods such as independent work, share reading , cooperative learning, and hands-on activities to meet the needs of all of my students. "I believe that every student is unique and capable of learning in their own unique way, as Gardener explains in his theory of multiple intelligences."

2 comments:

Talia said...

Your teaching philosophy is an enjoyable one to read since it really brings out your enthusiasm and love for teaching. Never shift your thoughts or beliefs about teaching, the world needs us to nourish every child in the world. Excellent teaching cannot be limited to method; good teaching stems from the teacher's individuality and integrity.

Chinoir Ijeh said...

Chelsey, your Philosophy was excellent. What stood out the most from what I read is your understanding that all students are unique and your pledge to let the students be authentic as much as possible. An positive environment where the student can be themselves will allow them to be critical thinker something that is very much needed in the education system.

WEEK# 9 WRITING APPROACH CONTINUES

 Ms. Quinn gave a task for each group to conduct a mini lesson on the approaches of writing. I was highly amazed at how Amanda was able to g...