Saturday, 3 December 2022

WEEK #7 PHILOSOPHY IN THE TEACHING OF WRITIING

 

This class was extremely refreshing and quite short that is definitely not the norm with Ms.Quinn .I never knew they had such a thing called philosophy for  teaching writing and I have been practicing it all along, what about you guys? What was also incredible was her going the through the language approach to writing and I was asking God to send me someone who can show me the light of what I wanted to do for my EDCI Action Research and this was the answer to my prayers.

Nonetheless, an inclass assignment was to be done on creating my own teaching philosophy after watching a YouTube video  and here is what I wrote:

Ms.Ijeh’s Teacher writing philosophy

 

“Education is the key to success in life and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students. These words by Solomon Ortiz connotates that educators it is owr own duty to give students our best as we grow in ourselves as educators .Teach students the writing process of writing .”If we fail to plan we plan to fail.

1.      I will write with my studenst-no man left behind is the chief ornerstone of my class.

 

2.      Students will play an active role their own education. Students will have a choice in the types of books they want to read  and what style they want to write, and how they want to be assessed

3.      We will be a collaboration writing community. Disrespect will not be tolerated towards a students’ writing as students will constantly be reminded that we all are a work in  progress. An Authur’s Chair will be decorated for the students who produced the best work and regular writing workshop style classes will take place to capture each student writing.

4.      Videos, graphics,comics stories, blogs and any other non-traditional text will be considered acceptable forms of writing in my classroom. We will write outside of our comfort zone and experience new things.

5.      Students will be free to ask “why are e doing this?” because I will always an answer. Students will engage in real word problem solving and inquiry through writing assisgnments.

6.      I will stay informed about new teaching practices and strategies I will continuously self assess and revise my work,always  perfecting my craft.”

1 comment:

Chelsey Benjamin said...

hey, I really enjoy reading this philosophy. it is so inspiring

WEEK# 9 WRITING APPROACH CONTINUES

 Ms. Quinn gave a task for each group to conduct a mini lesson on the approaches of writing. I was highly amazed at how Amanda was able to g...