Monday, 28 November 2022

week #9

Hey ladies,  We had a great discussion on the numerous techniques that we as teachers can use. These consist of adding a pushing strategy, swapping out a trading strategy, rearranging a cutting and sorting strategy, and making changes to a strategy while it is being written. Effective writing requires a revision plan approach. what stood out to me is that doing these enables me as a teacher to go back into the classroom to take a step back and allow my students to assess their own work. Also, we focused on teaching methods for supporting students who have writing difficulties in the classroom this week, which was really informative and useful. My belief is that students frequently battle with writhing; even as a teacher, I experienced this myself prior to beginning teacher education. One of my favorite aspects of this course was learning about the many kinds of struggling learners that may present in the classroom and how teachers may use the different scaffolding strategies listed under the different headings to assist students in the writing process. Each strategy was quite intriguing, especially knowing that you have a guide to help when children have problems.

1 comment:

Chelsey Benjamin said...

Talia I whole heartly agree with all the relevant point mention in this blog. I must it was very enjoyable one to read

WEEK# 9 WRITING APPROACH CONTINUES

 Ms. Quinn gave a task for each group to conduct a mini lesson on the approaches of writing. I was highly amazed at how Amanda was able to g...