Sunday, 20 November 2022

CHELSEY DESIGNING WRITING ASSESSMENTS AND ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE PRIMARY GRADES WEEK 10

 

Hey ladies, the last and final week of this blogging and class has arrived. Let me start by saying that it has been 10 weeks of fantastic, packed with worthwhile discussions, demonstrations, and activities from our lecturer and peers. I must admit that this course has taught me a lot about writing.

This week, we concentrate on the various ways that students can be evaluated when writing. There are numerous approaches and resources that can be employed to support students' writing in the classroom. Two broad categories can be used to evaluate students during formative and summative assessments. To monitor students' writing processes during formative assessments, tools like double entry journals, learning logs and diaries can be used. However, a summative assessment can track a student's writing development using a portfolio and a rubric. The ability to monitor students' progress is crucial to being a successful teacher. Students will be more invested if they can review their development and how it relates to larger objectives. . The discussion when our lecturer explain the advantages of using rubrics in the classroom and how the 6+1 rubric can assist us as teachers tremendous  in the writing process is one of the things that I really enjoy.

I really value the visual representations of the various rubrics and the concise explanation of the requirements so that teachers can better understand the scoring system. Overall, the class was very efficient, instructive, and well-run. In addition, I gained a lot of knowledge that I will apply in the classroom when I go back.

4 comments:

S. Payne said...

My Dear Classmate:
Your blog was inspiring to me, I've learnt so much from it and these are things that I can definitely implement when I return fully to the classroom. These few weeks we've also learnt alot from our Lecturer, Ms. Quinn and from our fellow classmates as well! I encourage you to also put into practice what was being taught to us weekly, so that we can have students who will be efficient readers and writers that we'll be super proud of! It was a pleasure commenting on your blog; until we embark on another blogging journey in the future, take care my friend! 😊

Michael said...

Totally agreed with Ms. Payne. Keep up the great effort.

Talia said...

It was an educational week learning about the many methods for evaluating our children in a constructive manner. After using these assessment tools, we now know how to go about assisting each child to advance.

Chinoir Ijeh said...

I really enjoy reading this post. I totally agree that students need to be assess often, it helps the teachers see a students strengths and weaknesses giving them a clear idea on areas to improve on. T

WEEK# 9 WRITING APPROACH CONTINUES

 Ms. Quinn gave a task for each group to conduct a mini lesson on the approaches of writing. I was highly amazed at how Amanda was able to g...