Friday, 11 November 2022

week 8

Hello everyone, I hope this week has been fruitful for every one of you. This was all about several approaches that may be used in the classroom to improve students' writing. But why are these ways to teach writing important? These approaches assist teachers to find suitable models to suit each students writing ability.  I honestly had no idea that there were actual approaches that can be used to improve writing. Also, the fact that handwriting is a real technique for writing was the one that stuck out for me. Miss Quinn, on the other hand, took the time to explain each technique, and I like that she gives us the opportunity to demonstrate each so that we can better comprehend each of them. By doing so, I was able to thoroughly grasp the concept and significance of each technique, learning how they function and how they may be used in the classroom. I really liked how the rules-based approach was used. The rules-based approach described how it teaches children to write words and phrases correctly. The most significant aspect of using these ways is that the teacher may select a strategy that is appropriate for each student. The video also provided us with insight into the various approaches, which was beneficial to me as a visual and audio learner. This lesson was really engaging and instructive, and there was a lot of material to take back to the classroom to assist our students to improve overall writing and reading skills.

 

2 comments:

Chelsey Benjamin said...

Yes, Talia. I knew a little about penmanship, but I had no idea it was classified as a writing approach like the others. From the demonstration, I was also able to gain a better understanding of what these writing approaches were about and how each approach can be taught in class.

Chinoir Ijeh said...

Talia, I also had absolutely no idea that are actually approaches in writing. I am a bit still baffled of how penmanship can be an approach,however I learnt so much from today's class that I will use this through out my career as a teacher.

WEEK# 9 WRITING APPROACH CONTINUES

 Ms. Quinn gave a task for each group to conduct a mini lesson on the approaches of writing. I was highly amazed at how Amanda was able to g...