Wednesday, 12 October 2022

Week #5

I must say that this week was really interesting, and I want to thank Miss Quinn and my other classmates for making it a very entertaining lesson this week. We discussed the difficulties in writing instruction and the stages of writing development. I must admit that these topics were a mouthful. I've learned a lot because honestly speaking I had no knowledge of these topics. After learning these I now realize that I can improve my students writing by implementing different strategies. before I get into that we went through the important stages which are the emergent stage, early stage, transitional stage, and fluency writing. My thoughts are that children love expressing their thoughts and ideas verbally. Putting those thoughts on paper (writing) happens in stages that kids work through at their own pace. However Some will develop writing skills quickly; for others, it will take longer. We also did an activity with strategies to assist children to write at various levels. My group worked on the early emergent stage, in which we took a sample from a child and used an approach to help them improve their writing. The approach we utilize is tracing with dots, which allows the child to easily trace letters. As the child uses this strategy, their writing will improve and they will be able to create the letters on their own. I don't have any recommendations because it was a truly fantastic week.



2 comments:

Chelsey Benjamin said...

Yes, Talia, I must completely agree with you before Ms. Quinn discusses the writing process. I never thought about how many stages there were in writing, let alone the challenges. It was quite a mouthful. Some teachers believe that some students intentionally write in this manner.

Chelsey Benjamin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

WEEK# 9 WRITING APPROACH CONTINUES

 Ms. Quinn gave a task for each group to conduct a mini lesson on the approaches of writing. I was highly amazed at how Amanda was able to g...