Let me start by saying that, like with every LIT class I've attended, the best thing I took away from this one was the opportunity to experience a fun, lively, and engaging classroom where everything is explained at a level that I can grasp. This week's lesson focus centered on the idea that writing serves as a gateway to more in-depth levels of cognition. This week, there were numerous topics that piqued my curiosity. The concept of scaffolding and how a teacher can grasp technique through a series of writer’s workshops where they learn variety of techniques that can be employed in the classroom to foster good writers. The demonstrations of the various trends in the writing process was another aspect of this week's session that I particularly adored. This enables me to gather concepts for example, graphic organizer and various approaches for instructing the writing process in the classroom. I found the entire class session to be excellent. In order for the students to fully understand the idea being taught, the lesson was extremely participatory and filled with demonstration activities. Last but not least, I think that for future sessions, educators/teachers who are instructing students teachers / leaners who have never taught language Arts instruction before especially in the area of writing trends and, more specifically, scaffolding writing, I believe the lecturer should have spent a little more time just explaining more and coaching us for the practical part of the assignment. While reading, I found the theory portion to be a little perplexing.
The fundamental principles of learning Language Arts writing serve as the gateway to a deeper level of comprehension. Welcome to the CCharms blog, As we embark on our journey to become certified language Arts teachers, you will discover as you read our weekly updates about our personal thoughts, feelings, and insights about what was learn in our literature 101 class
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WEEK# 9 WRITING APPROACH CONTINUES
Ms. Quinn gave a task for each group to conduct a mini lesson on the approaches of writing. I was highly amazed at how Amanda was able to g...
2 comments:
indeed classes have been fun
It was a fantastic lesson, but my two cents on the writing process is that it also helps students to make writing more manageable in order to produce high-quality work.
Post a Comment