Sunday, 11 September 2022

Chinoir Ijeh /Blog #1

Guys am going to be honest...Language Arts was never my forte until Ms. Quinn became my lecturer. She knows how to make English interesting ,the lecturer highlighted the importance of having language arts with its components of reading, writing, spelling and comprehension as one entity. The next class introduced 6+1 Traits of Writing Voice Ideas Presentation Conventions Organization Word Choice Sentence Fluency where the class was divided into groups of 4-5 persons and each group given different scenarios that happen in the classroom and had to role play the bad version then after the correct way. The main focus was to have a clearer understanding of the importance of the writing process: Prewriting, Drafting, Revising, Proofreading, Publishing . They concluded that if a student do well they can sit in the Authors Chair and read to the class. I am really looking forward for what the rest of the semester has to offer.

2 comments:

Talia said...

I do understand, it's not my strongest point either, but I'm getting there. It is important for a writer to go through all the writing processes to guarantee that they have created a full piece. You mention that if a student does well, they will be able to sit in the author's chair, and you are absolutely correct.

Chelsey Benjamin said...

Hey Chinior, Language Arts was never really my strongest point either, so I must agree with you. Ms. Quinn has truly demonstrated to us the potential of an outstanding Language Arts instructor. She has successfully demonstrated that this subject is among the simplest. The 6+1 writing traits were another element that truly caught my attention.

WEEK# 9 WRITING APPROACH CONTINUES

 Ms. Quinn gave a task for each group to conduct a mini lesson on the approaches of writing. I was highly amazed at how Amanda was able to g...